Just when you think there’s nothing in the fridge for supper… a Frittata is quick, easy and goes along way for not many ingredients. Serve with a green salad and some pickles and crusty bread for a leisurely lunch.
- 500g of potato, peeled and cubed (2 – 3 potatos)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Optional – 100g chopped cooked meat (ham, salami, chorizo) diced
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 scallion (spring onion), finely sliced
- 1/2 bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- A few cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Grated parmesan cheese
Add the chopped meat, pepper, pepper and cook gently. Whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper and paprika. Pour over the ingredients in the pan. Turn the heat down low and dot with the cherry tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes until the potato is cooked through.