This salad is simply delicious. It is sweet and juicy and makes a great winter salad when you need something really refreshing – and the navel oranges are in season.
- 1 chicken breast (no skin / bone)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced), save 1/4 of it for the dressing
- 1 good splash of tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- handful of sesame seeds
- Large handful of baby spinach leaves, rocket and / or baby greens
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, deseeded and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1/2 spring onion / scallion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 whole orange, segmented
- small handful of cashew or macadamia nuts
- 2 small vine tomatoes, quartered
- A drizzle of coconut / olive oil to cook the chicken
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 orange (zested and juiced)
- 1/4 clove of garlic (minced)
- Seasoning to taste
- Honey to taste
This is a no oil dressing – it is fresh and light, you may or may not need the honey depending on how sweet the orange juice is.
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl to marinate, with the garlic, tamari / soy sauce, and sesame seeds.
Prepare the salad vegetables, and pour over the dressing, mix it through.
Cook the chicken thoroughly in a little oil and add to the salad, top with the nuts, season and serve.