This is a mild curry that will serve 6 when accompanied with rice & naan.
- Chicken – around 600g of cubed skinless chicken breast / skinless chicken thighs (boneless)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 a cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled & cubed
- Handful chopped coriander
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tspn curry powder
- 1 tspn ground cumin
- 1 tspn turmeric
- Salt & pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions and garlic and cook gently until golden. Add the ginger, curry, cumin and turmeric. Now add the chicken, stock, and tinned tomatoes. The idea is that the chicken poaches really gently in the liquid. Now add the cauliflower, carrots, sweet potato and aubergine and simmer gently until cooked through with the lid off.
Before serving stir through the yoghurt and chopped coriander. Season to taste.