There are so many variations to the all day breakfast and I find that people are very particular about what constitutes their perfect “fry”.
In our house there are those who will only eat egg white, and others who’ll only eat the yolk – so that works out ok. Then there’s those that will only eat a certain brand of sausages (you know who you are…). And there can be the occasional melt down if the beans come in contact with anything other than the bacon!
Here are our favourite all day breakfast ingredients:
- Eggs, fried, poached or scrambled
- Bacon, lean and cooked crispy
- Sausages, baked in the oven so they are nice and sticky
- Baked beans
- Mushrooms, either buttons sliced thinly and fried with a little Worcestershire Sauce or whole portobellos grilled
- White or black pudding
- Potato, left over mash or roasties are great, turned into little potato cakes
- Tomato, sliced in half, seasoned under the grill, or little cherry tomatoes in the pan with a splash of balsamic vinaigrette