These asian style meatballs are really delicious – according to my son they are “amazeballs”, serve with noodles or rice and some tender stem broccoli or green beans.
- 500g – 600g pork mince (500g makes 17 small meatballs)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) or bbq sauce
- 1 dessertspoon of fish sauce
- 1/4 cup of fine breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Combine all the meatball ingredients in a bowl. Place a little cooking oil in a frying pan, heat to medium. Shape a heaped teaspoon of the meat mix into a ball and place in the pan. Do not over load the pan – you need room to turn the meatballs over so they are browned on all sides.
While the meatballs are cooking, make the sauce:
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour
- 1 cup of stock (beef or chicken)
- 1/4 cup of orange juice or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of dark brown sugar
Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the cooked meatballs, bring to the boil simmer for a couple of minutes until it thickens. Swirl to cover all the meatballs in the stick glaze.
Serve with noodles or rice and broccoli or green beans. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped spring onion to serve.
As my photography is not as good as my cooking some of my recipes use stock photos. Photo credit NPDStock